Dr. Baumann SkinIdent
- The Companies
- What is Really Healthy For You and Your Skin
- Environmental and Animal Protection
- Peta Award
- Retail outlets
- For Cosmetic Institutes
Philosophy of the Company
The cosmetics industry has done well off the illusions created by advertising. Beautiful, young women are used in advertising campaigns, which suggests to the consumer that if you buy this product, you will look just as beautiful. Every fad sows new hope that a pivotal development in anti-ageing has been achieved, although these changing trends do not change the needs of the skin. The gorgeous containers which cosmetic products come in add a hint of luxury and elegance, but have nothing to do with the compatibility or effectiveness of the creams they contain – they only increase the price of the product. The same can be said for the packaging, which creates unnecessary mountains of waste, but cannot make the skin more beautiful.
We want to go a completely different route and concentrate on the absolute essentials of beauty care. Therefore it was necessary to define and scientifically establish these crucial criteria for dermatological-based skincare
- Ethical commitment to animal and environmental protection
An essential point in skincare is compatibility, namely lasting and sustainable compatibility. All products are compatible at first, but users cannot depend on them. It is important for consumers that a product is lastingly compatible and doesn’t cause sensitization and thus an allergic reaction after a period of time. The best possible way to avoid this is to dispense with the worst allergens. Scientists who work with allergies, such as dermatologists and allergologists, know the compatibility of the various substances which are used in cosmetics. A glance at a dermatological textbook shows us that preservatives, fragrances and perfumes, rank amongst the most common allergens. The effect of a skincare product should be to get the skin into the best possible condition within individual genetic parameters. We achieve this through a harmonious composition of skin-friendly active substances and vitamins, together with especially important multilamellar liposomes which consist of lipids endemic to the skin. Multilamellar liposomes are outstandingly effective in dermatological and scientifically-based skincare.
For us, being animal-friendly goes without saying, because as far as we are concerned there are no animal substances which cannot be replaced by plant-based ones. We achieve an environmentally friendly and excellently priced cost-performance ratio through the use of practical and shapely containers without unnecessary outer packaging.
“Bionomy” is the science of the laws of life. These laws are the basis of the development and production of our skincare products. This means that on the one hand we take into account the metabolic processes in the human body and skin, and on the other hand we concern ourselves with environmental aspects.
The principles of bionome skincare are:
- Optimal compatibility through the application of dermatological and allergological knowledge in the choice of ingredients.
- A targeted selection of ingredients whose effect has been described and documented and which are therefore beneficial to the skin.
- A harmony between the ingredients and the skins physiology and anatomy. This is achieved when as many as possible of the ingredients are endemic to the skin e.g. which exist naturally in the skin.
- Environmentally friendly through the avoidance of superfluous packaging.
- Animal-friendly through the exclusion of animal substances.